2013 Holiday Gift Guide
By Paola Baluyot
We all have “those people” in our life … the ones who are picky or seemingly have it all. But have no fear – I’ve searched the InterWebs and local businesses to bring you some great ideas for 5 prototypes:
- Helter Skelter Sunglasses by Karen Walker. Every fashionista knows that sunglasses are a year-round must. These sunglasses are a classic-in-the-making.
- NAKED3. This sought-after third palette from the Urban Decay NAKED collection will make ANY fashionista happy.
- A magazine subscription to their favorite fashion bible. The gift that keeps on giving (for 6 or 12 months, at least). A fast and easy gift that requires no gift wrapping!
- FRENDS Headphones by Rebecca Minkoff. These uber-cool headphones are not only designed by the uber-cool Rececca Minkoff, but was also instagrammed by fashion guru, Rachel Zoe (check it)
- Diptyque Holiday Mini Candle Set. Diptyque is the Cadillac of candles. It also comes in an ultra-glam packaging.
The Outdoors (Wo)man
- Hunter Original Tall Rain boot. These classic rain boots are the perfect gift for anyone, really. It is comfy and practical. The glossy ones are a winter-favorite among women.
- Tented Glamping Trip. Not entirely sold on roughing it? Give the gift of glam, camping style!
- Portable Power Bank Pack External Battery Backup Charger. A smart stocking stuffer for those constantly at a 10% battery life.
- Doublenest Hammock. This super cool hammock will attach to anything sturdy… even if it’s hundreds of feet above ground.
- Superdry Mountain Jacket. Superdry jackets are known for its comfort even in the coldest weather.
The Beauty Guru
- MAC Holiday Set. Makeup lovers wait every year for MAC’s Holiday sets. The packaging has a really cool art deco theme. If Daisy Buchanan came out with her own makeup line this would be it.
- “Pretty Powerful” by Bobbi Brown. Uncertain of your makeup knowledge? Gift this book to your makeup-obsessed friend without having to spend hours at Sephora. (Or better yet, purchase one for yourself).
- Acrylic Cosmetics Organizer by Bath Bazaar. This stylish organizer is a favorite among the Kardashians. Catch their cameos in their reality show!
- Jo Malone Cologne. This popular UK import is the perfect gift for the scent-sational friend with the enviable perfume collection.
- NARS Guy Bourdin Gift Set. Inspired by fashion photographer Guy Bourdin, NARS perfectly captures the drama and glamour in their holiday set.
- Monogram American Chop Block, Square. For the hostess with the most-test. This customizable chop block is perfect for a night of wine and cheese with friends.
- Kitchen Art Prints. These fun prints are perfect for spicing up any room.
- “Kitchen Confidential” by Anthony Bourdain. Anthony Bourdain dishes out secrets from the kitchen. A great read, especially if you love Bourdain’s sense of humor.
- Sushiology Class at Mikuni’s. Learn the art of sushi-making at one of Midtown’s popular Japanese joints!
- Ultimate Wine Glass. This novelty gift is perfect for the wine-lovers on your list.
- iPhone 5s. Apple’s rumored precursor to the iPhone 6, is the current crème de la crème of the smartphone world. With all new features to warm any techy’s hard drive, this gift is a for sure win.
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Laptop Case. This cute laptop case is for the fashion savvy techie who appreciates the practical and the fabulous.
- Kindle Fire. The Kindle Fire is ideal for the bookworms in your life. New features include HD display and a longer battery life for those late night George R.R. Martin marathons.
- Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker. Play music from any room or tote it around wherever you go (as long as there’s wi-fi). But don’t let its size fool you; this bad boy is, after all, made by Bose.
- Swarovski Crystalline USB Key. Two words: Swarovski. USB.