Found: Best Holiday Party Venues in Sacramento
By Paola Baluyot and Laura Braden
Still looking for a place to host your holiday party? Ok, it’s time to officially get your butt in gear. There’s no shortage of amazing venues for office dinners or an Ugly Xmas Sweater Party with friends in Sacramento – but here are six great choices for any occasion:
1. CAPITAL DIME (1801 L Street) Great for larger parties. They offer a modern and sleek setting featuring a special/seasonal menu that uses locally sourced ingredients, and they can work with any dietary restrictions. Their private loft can hold up to 50 (standing) and an AMAZING back patio (tented with lights in the trees) that can accommodate up to 80 (seated) – 100 (standing). Call Deb at 916-431-7330.
2. DOWNTOWN & VINE (1200 K Street, #8) Great for small/intimate gatherings. The private Vintner’s Room holds 14 (seated) and the semi-private Gallery holds 10 (seating) – 50 (standing). It’s a cozy and intimate setting featuring wines from six local regions, wines from France/Italy/Spain, craft brewery on tap and a fun menu offering special artisan foods from the best California producers. Call 916-228-4518.
3. HOOK & LADDER (1630 S St) Prides itself for featuring some of Sacramento’s finest local ingredients. They offer private rooms for groups looking for a more intimate gathering. With a wonderfully fresh selection of food and a variety of house cocktails, Hook & Ladder will be a real hit with Midtown locavores. Contact Natasha Stanford at email@example.com for more information. (916) 442-4885
4. RED RABBIT (2718 J St,) This trendy spot is a Pinterest-er’s dream! They offer a cool back patio that you can decorate however you want – all they ask is that you hit a minimum. With a perfect appetizer-heavy menu and a libation offering you can customize and re-name (inquire about their Daily Punch), Red Rabbit is the perfect venue for the group not wanting the sit-down option. Need more info? Their resident party queen, Keri Nurge, is a delight to work with. (916) 706-2275
5. ZOCALO’S (1801 Capitol Ave) Known for its grand architecture (minus the steep price) and fabulous margaritas, Zocalo is a popular dining spot for the people of Midtown. They offer both private and regular dining options with customizable menus. Their private rooms come with a separate audio system and plasma screens if you’re looking to amp things up. There is no room fee, but their only request is a food and beverage minimum purchase. (916) 441-0303