Two Women's Conferences Coming to Sacramento
By Laura Braden and Jamie Romas
GOTG doesn’t have a mission statement (yet), but if we did, it might read along these lines: a way for Sacramento area women to connect, share ideas, inspire each other and make each other – and our world – a better place.
Which is why we’re excited to share two upcoming conferences specifically for Sacramento-region ladies…
Capital Region Women’s Conference – Friday, September 27
- 8:00am – 6:00pm at the Sacramento Convention Center
- Facebook, Twitter, Tickets ($50-150)
- Sample panels: Sow the Seeds of change: The Health & Wealth of Farm to Fork, Communicating Our Strengths, The New Definition of Wealth and Female Entrepreneurs: Owning Your Own Future
We can’t wait for tomorrow’s Capital Region Women’s Conference. The daylong event, which is being sponsored by Comstock’s Magazine and HealthCorps, will tackle “the health and wealth challenges of time, energy, growth, community and balance.” The conference will feature a keynote by Lisa Oz, panel discussions, and breakout sessions featuring women leaders (including GOTG contributor Danea Horn).
Northern California Women’s Forum – Saturday, October 5
- 9:00am – 3:00pm at William Jessup University
- Facebook, Twitter, Tickets ($25)
- Sample Break-Out Sessions: Volunteerism-The Impact and Change You Can Be, Personal Safety and Self-Defense and Working With Your Legislator
Founded in 2011 by Assemblywoman Beth Gaines, the NorCal Women’s Forum brings together (nonpartisan) professional women, community advocates, volunteers, wives, mothers and students from around the region “to work together to foster and promote women in business and in the community.” Highlights include Facebook’s Policy Manager Katie Harbath and swag bags filled with goodies from Mikuni, White House Black Market, Go Girl, Icing on the Cupcake, Nothing Bundt Cakes and more!
Whether you’re looking to gain a new skill, do some networking, or just get some inspiration, chances are you’ll find it at either of these conferences!