Dine Downtown 2013 Starts Today!
By the Editors
Been hitting the treadmill since NYE? Still haven’t dined at Blackbird, Bly Prynt, Mayahuel, Red Rabbit or Tuli? Well then treat ‘yo self to a delicious meal during Dine Downtown, running today through January 18.
Dine Downtown was launched in October 2005. After some modifications, the promotion was re-launched in January 2007 with 17 participating restaurants and was a huge hit. Ever since, Dine Downtown has grown as more restaurants sign on.
The gist is simple – dozens of restaurants (full list below) host prix fixe menus that consist of three courses (usually with multiple choices for each one) for $30. The only catch is that the price doesn’t include alcohol, tax or tip.
Bonus? Several of the restaurants include veggie and gluten-free options. Bonus #2? This year, the organizer – Downtown Sacramento Partnership – enlisted foodies around town to preview some of the restaurants’ menus. You can read their reviews here.
Over the years, we’ve frequented and reviewed a number of the restaurants (past articles here), and overall, it’s a great way to support local (and try out new) restaurants. For an opposing view, check out Ashley Robinson’s article (Not a Fan of Dine Downtown).
All Participating Restaurants
- 4th Street Grille | 400 L Street | 916.448.2847 | Menu | Reservations
- Biba | 2801 Capitol Avenue | 916.455.2422 | Menu | Reservations
- Blackbird Kitchen & Bar | 1015 9th Street | 916.498.9224 | Menu | Reservations
- Blue Prynt | 815 11th Street | 916.492.2969 | Menu | Reservations
- The Broiler Steakhouse | 1201 K Street | 916.444.3444 | Menu | Reservations
- Cafeteria 15 L | 1112 15th Street | 916.492.1960 | Menu | Reservations
- Capitol Garage | 1500 K Street | 916.444.3633 | Menu (V) (GL) | Reservations
- Chops Steak & Seafood Bar |1117 11th Street |916.447.8900 | Menu | Reservations
- Dawson’s at The Hyatt |1209 L Street | 916.443.1234 | Menu | Reservations
- Ella Dining Room & Bar | 1131 K Street | 916.443.3772 | Menu (V)| Reservations
- Esquire Grill |1213 K Street | 916.448.8900 | Menu | Reservations
- Fat City | 1001 Front Street | 916.446.6768 | Menu
- The Firehouse Restaurant |1112 Second Street | 916.442.4772 | Reservations | Menu (V)
- Frank Fat’s | 806 L Street | 916.442.7092 | Menu | Reservations
- Grange | 926 J Street | 916.492.4450 | Menu | Reservations
- Il Fornaio | 400 Capitol Mall | 916.446.4100 | Menu Coming Soon | Reservations
- Mayahuel | 1200 K Street | 916.441.7200 | Menu (V) (GL)| Reservations
- The Melting Pot | 814 15th Street | 916.443.2347 | Menu (V) (GL) available upon request
- Mulvaney’s B&L | 1215 19th Street | 916.441.6022 | Menu | Reservations
- Paragary’s Midtown | 1403 28th Street | 916.452.3335 | Menu
- Pilothouse at The Delta King | 1000 Front Street | 916.444.5464 | Menu | Reservations
- The Porch | 1815 K Street | 916.444.2423 | Menu | Reservations
- The Red Rabbit Kitchen and Bar | 2718 J Street | 916.706.2275 | Menu
- Restaurant Thir13en | 1300 H Street | 916.594.7669 | Menu| Reservations
- Rio City Café | 1110 Front Street | 916.442.8226 | Menu
- River City Brewing Company | 545 Downtown Plaza Suite 1115 | 916.448.7153 | Menu (V)
- Spataro | 1415 L Street | 916.440.8888 | Menu | Reservations
- Ten22 | 1022 Second Street | 916.441.2211 | Menu | Reservations
- Tuli Bistro | 2031 S Street | 916.451.8854 | Menu
And stay tuned, we’ll bring you our reviews and favorites next week (but just in time for you to make your own reservations)!