Election Night Par-Tays
Seeing that we’ve had to put up with dozens of debates, hours of cable TV scream-a-thons, thousands of TV/radio ads and more Facebook commentary than is ever necessary for one lifetime, it’s time to drink and celebrate the end of another campaign season.
Here’s a rundown of the public parties happening on the grid. Did we miss one? Email girlsonthegrid AT gmail.com, and we’ll add it.
Mayor Kevin Johnson
- Oishii Sushi Bar & Grill, 1000 K St
- More details here. RSVP to electionwatchparty2012 AT gmail.com.
Sacramento Democratic Victory Party
- The Grand Ballroom, 1215 J Street
- Beer/wine available for $5. Host information and more details here.
Sacramento Republican Victory Party
- GOP HQ, 9851 Horn Road (Suites 160 & 170)
- More details here.
City Council Candidate Joe Yee
- Iron Steaks Restaurant, 2422 13th Street
City Council Candidate Steve Hansen
- KBAR at 10th and K Street
Best of luck to all the staffers and volunteers who have (literally) put their lives on hold to preserve and promote democracy. Regardless of who wins, we will all go back to normal, the world will keep turning… and nothing will continue to get done in DC. 🙂