Juicing at Integrative Wellness
Have you ever thought of juicing for a week? I know it sounds a tad hard or maybe just a lot of work? I was lucky enough to be a part of a Karma Juicing program with Integrative Wellness. It was amazing! The owners Tim, Brandy and Eric were so great to work with; even with a start time of 6:30am. They not only educated me on the process but gave me a ton of support and guidance for the days after the juicing. The three of them are quite the trio!
There were 2 juices and 1 smoothie every day. You could supplement your cravings with raw fruits and vegetables throughout the day but the most important thing was your water intake!!
We juiced everything from cranberries, lemon cucumbers, apples, oranges, kale, celery, lemons, limes…you name it…we chopped it!
Here is a quick snip on my thoughts each day.
- Day 1: Tired. Tired. Juices are so good but still tired.
- Day 2: Slept amazing last night. Still a tad tired but no morning lags. Lost 5 lbs. as of today.
- Day 3: Woah! Energy! Juices are still great. Banana and cinnamon smoothie! Beets! Yum! Kind of craving meat preferably a hamburger. NO! Another pound down.
- Day 4: Still sleeping amazing! Not waking up 3-4 times a night. Peeing a lot (sorry TMI) Kind of nervous to eat solid foods again. Picked up a natural raw soup at the Co-op…saved my life. Met up with a few gals for Girls on the Grid…I admit, I snacked a tad and had some wine. Eek.
- Day 5: Woke up great! My skin feels great! Clothes are loose. Lost 8 lbs! I did it!! DONE!
Juicing can be done at home or with the help of a juicing company such as the one at Integrative Wellness. My only advice is to please do your research on a cleanse before you jump in head first. If you are working with a company, talk to the staff and reach out to someone if you are struggling. Also, don’t be hard on yourself if you slip. You are working towards an amazing goal. Its not easy but so rewarding once you’ve crossed the finish line!