Worth It? Dermologica MediBac Clearing Adult Acne Kit
What it promises:
The Dermologica MediBac Clearing Adult Acne Kit claims that “It’s the end of the line for adult acne.”
The kit contains Clearing Skin Wash, Sebum Clearing Masque, Clearing Mattifier, Overnight Clearing Gel, Concealing Spot Treatment, and Oil Control Lotion. Basically, a day and night regimen to rid us poor adult acne sufferers of those embarrassing breakouts.
I must admit that my skin is acne prone – it’s like being a 16 year old girl except with the addition of fine wrinkles. I also have very sensitive skin with a slight allergy to benzoyl peroxide and I must say there are elements of this kit that majorly rock, but next time I’ll buy those pieces individually in the larger sizes.
For those of us who suffer from a little older, acne prone, sensitive skin, the pieces I loved were:
- Clearing Skin Wash – Gentle, refreshing and didn’t leave my skin dry and flaky
- Sebum Clearing Masque & Overnight Clearing Gel – Great before bedtime and made my skin feel squeaky clean. I used this every other night with the Overnight Clearing Gel and felt like I woke up with clearer skin when I used them both in combination.
…and the ones I would skip:
- Clearing Mattifier – Seemed to be a film over my face and did not combine well with moisturizer or make-up. I’d skip it and opt for a simple oil free lotion with SPF.
- Concealing Spot Treatment – Clearly Dermologica should not be in the business of creating makeup. This did not conceal and instead drew attention to the caked spot on your face as opposed to the actual blemish. I think I’ll stick with my MAC cover-up.
- Oil Control Lotion – Didn’t seem to make me any less oily than my cheapo Trader Joe’s fragrance-free face lotion.