Found: Where to Take Your Kiddos to Hunt for Easter Eggs
Take little man to get his pictures taken with the Easter bunny. Check. Decorate Easter eggs. Check. Buy an Easter basket for collecting eggs. Check.
The only thing left on my to do list has been to find an Easter egg hunt close to our house that works with my son’s nap schedule (while keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn’t rain). I thought other busy moms might appreciate my research on some of the free egg hunts, bunny sitings and activities at various parks and other locations in the Sacramento region.
Let GOTG know if there are others and we’ll update this list before Easter weekend. I’m thinking about checking out the festivities at Fairytale Town (details below) and would love to hear if you’ve been there for Easter egg hunts in previous years.
Happy egg hunting!
- Tuesday, April 3, 10 a.m. to noon
- Free egg hunt for grandparents and grandkids
- Mission Oaks Community Center, 4701 Gibbons Drive, Carmichael
- Saturday, April 7, 10:30 a.m.
- This free event includes activities such as a pajama parade, bag decorating, pictures with the bunny and two egg-hunting age groups
- Sierra 2, 2791 24th Street, Sacramento
- Saturday, April 7, 8:00-11:00 a.m.
- Pancakes at 8:00 a.m., followed by eggciting egg hunts beginning at 10:00 a.m.
- Arden Park, 1000 La Sierra Drive, Sacramento
- William Land Park (near Riverside Blvd. & 12th Ave.), March 31, 9:30 a.m.
- Orchard Park (2936 West River Drive), March 31, 2 p.m.
- South Side Park (2115 6th Street), April 7, 10 a.m.
- Hagginwood Park (3271 Marysville Blvd.), April 7, 2 p.m.
- Saturday, April 7, 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Decorate papier mâché eggs with paint, fabric, and beads, then have fun hunting for eggs
- Crocker Art Museum, 216 O Street, Sacramento
- Fee for one child and one adult: $12 Members • $15 Nonmembers
- Saturday, April 7 and Sunday, April 8, noon, 1 and 2 p.m.
- Egg hunts, prizes, spring themed hands on activities, bunny puppet theater
- Fairytale Town, 3901 Land Park Drive, Sacramento
- Saturday, April 7, 6 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- McKinley Park, Sacramento
- Saturday, April 7, 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Join the Cosumnes Services District for an egg hunt and spring activities with the Easter Bunny. All activities have a minimal fee. Food vendors available on-site.
- Elk Grove Park
- Sunday, April 8, breakfast at 9:30 a.m., egg hunt at 11 a.m. sharp
- Kids under 10 free, and complimentary breakfast for adults with a child. Free golf clubs, stuffed animals, and other prizes for children under 10 along with a visit from the Easter Bunny.
- Haggin Oaks, 3645 Fulton Ave., Sacramento