Get Your Green On: St. Patrick’s Day in Sacramento
The forecast for this St. Patrick’s Day includes rain and temperatures hovering in the 50’s… But any GOTGer worth her salt isn’t going to let a little rain dampen the funtivities.
Slap your hair into a ponytail, grab some Hunter rain boots and go patronize Sacramento’s amazing restaurants and bars. Here’s our rundown of the best events on the grid:
Saturday, March 17th – GOTG’s Ideal Day
- De Vere’s Pub Party: Open at 8am, this is a great place to start. Carbo-load for the pub-crawl with authentic dishes like lamb stew and corned beef. One of Sacramento’s best Irish pubs will also have the Ireland vs. England rugby game on at 10am – and they’ll be cover-free all day. (8am-close)
- 7th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Pub-Crawl: I’ve never been able to finish – but I never tire of trying. Put on your most obnoxious green clothing and join the revelers as they stumble through 19 bars and restaurants (Blue Cue, Red Rabbit, Golden Bear, Kupros, Press Club, Old Tavern, Capitol Garage, Gallagher’s, and District 30 to name a few!). Follow the fun (and any last minute changes/news) on their Twitter feed. (2pm-11pm)
- Mini Pub-Crawls: Not sure you want to attempt the big show? Or are you still standing after visiting all 19 bars/restaurants? Then head over to R District or Sutter District for shorter – yet equally fun – pub-crawls. (12pm-1am)
Saturday, March 17th – Outdoor/Fitness Options
- Would you rather run than drink? If so, you’re in luck! There are plenty of 5k/10k/fun walk options in Folsom, Davis or Amador, as well as a hike through Deer Creek Hills.
Saturday, March 17th – Kid-Friendly Options
- 16th Annual Parade in Old Sacramento: The parade starts at the Crocker Art Museum and ends at the Old Sacramento State Historic Park. This annual tradition drew more than 15,000 attendees last year so head out early to snag parking and a good spot along the route. (starts at 1pm)
- The Sacramento Children’s Museum is offering 50% to those wearing green attire. (9am-5pm)
Sunday, March 18th
- De Vere’s Family Sunday: Friends went to this brunch last year (some with kids and others without) and said it was wonderful (plus they got to nurse their hangovers with amazing bloody mary’s).
Need a Ride Home? DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE!
Berg Injury Lawyers are providing their 7th Annual Safe and Sober program. From 3pm-3am on Saturday, they’ll cover your cab ride home (up to $35). Call Yellow Cab Company of Sacramento at 916-444-2222 and simply tell them the ride is on Berg Injury Lawyers. For more details, click here.