GOTG Volunteers….WEAVE Needs Your Help
One of our favorite local charities – WEAVE (primary provider of crisis intervention services for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in Sacramento Count) – is looking for a few good GOTGer’s to help with their upcoming Kaiser Women’s Fitness Festival.
- Date/Time: Sunday, June 5 at 8:00am
- Location: The 5 km run/walk starts at 9th Street between L and Capitol Mall. The finish line is on 10th street in front of the Capitol.
- Registration costs $35. This fee covers race expenses only. If you would like to help WEAVE end violence against women, your additional donation would be appreciated.
This is a great cause, and they need volunteers so please consider signing up!
- All volunteers are required to attend a Mandatory Volunteer Training on Wednesday, June 1st from 5:30-6:30pm at WEAVE (1900 K Street).
- Volunteer shifts run in 3 – 5 hour blocks from Thursday, June 2nd to Sunday, June 5th.
- Any questions? Contact Ashley.
4,500 women will race in the Kaiser Women’s Fitness Festival to raise awareness about domestic violence and sexual assault. Now in its seventh year, the event is the largest women’s-only run in the region and runners travel from the Bay Area and the central valley to compete.
Hope you can make it out!