Meet “Tempo” – Sacramento’s Newest Young Professionals’ Society
Tempo plans to host five cocktail parties/receptions themed to each Philharmonic performance (see calendar below). It’s $75/year ($50 for students), and members receive free (or heavily discounted) admission to Tempo events, discounts on Philharmonic concert tickets, access to the VIP lounge at performances, and more!
To join, simply visit: www.SacPhil.org/Tempo
“Sacramento is filled with passionate and successful young professionals who love their city and want to be a part of its revitalization,” said Danielle Holten, advisory committee member of Tempo. “We want to focus that enthusiasm towards supporting the Philharmonic, one of the city’s leading cultural assets. For each Philharmonic performance, Tempo will host a themed cocktail party or reception, providing a fun and unique way for young professionals to network, meet new acquaintances and reconnect with old friends.”
I’ve been involved with the Philharmonic for over a year, and I can personally attest that the performances are a great excuse to get dressed up and hit the town – regardless of its a date night or girls’ night out.
The Philharmonic is also deeply involved with the local community, and Tempo will help support projects like musicians performing for patients at Sutter Medical Center and providing free music classes to local public schools.
- Thursday, October 14, 2010: To Russia With Love – Vodka Tasting at Lounge ON20 (Free for members, $25 for non-members)
- In conjunction with the Philharmonic’s Russian Romance performance on Saturday, October 16.
- Thursday, January 20, 2011: Viva La France – Wine and Cheese Tasting
- In conjunction with the Philharmonic’s French Flair performance on Saturday, January 22.
- Thursday, February 17, 2011: Beethoven Brats and Beer
- In conjunction with the Philharmonic’s Basically Beethoven performance on Saturday, February 19.
- Wednesday, April 6, 2011: Legislative Night
- In conjunction with the Philharmonic’s Hidden Meanings performance on Saturday, April 9.
- Thursday, May 19, 2011: It’s All Local – Celebrating Sacramento’s Finest
- In conjunction with the Philharmonic’s Homegrown Sacramento performance on Saturday, May 21.
Be sure to friend us:
Tempo’s advisory committee:
- Laura Braden – Vice President, Mercury Public Affairs and Girls on the Grid Editor
- Lily Cortez – Executive Producer, Sacramento & Company, at News10
- Emily Currin – Legislative Director, former Assemblyman Roger Niello, R-Fair Oaks
- Kristy DeVaney – Graphic & Media Consultant, Placer County
- Laura Dixon – Communications Director, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger’s California Dream Team
- Chantel Elder – Owner, Eleakis & Elder Photography
- Marie Feldman – Owner and Executive Producer, Feldman Productions
- Ashlee Gadd – PR and Marketing Manager, Citizen Hotel and Where My Heart Resides Founder
- Patrick Harbison – Communications Director, Faculty Association of California Community Colleges
- Danielle Holten – Vice President & Commercial Relationship Manager, Umpqua Bank
- Susan McKee – District Director, Senate President pro Tem Darrell Steinberg
- Madeline Maxwell – Development Coordinator, California Coalition for Youth
- Caleb Mittelstet – Assistant Vice President and Home Loan Manager, Bank of America
- Matthew Neff – Financial Advisor, Principal Financial Group
- Bismarck Obando – Director of External Affairs, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Matt Page – Financial Planner for Foord, Van Bruggen, Ebersole & Pajak
- Angelica Maria Pappas – Editor, California Restaurant Association
- Ashley S. Robinson – Director, Mercury Public Affairs
- Malathi Srinivasan, MD – Associate Professor of Medicine, UC Davis Medical Center
- Becky Warren – Vice President, Mercury Public Affairs and Girls on the Grid Editor
- Greg Wellman – Marketing and Sales Manager, Sacramento Philharmonic
- Ronnie West – President, Ronald K. West Consulting
EDITOR’s NOTE: Full disclosure…Laura serves as the Philharmonic’s publicist pro bono. GOTGer’s Laura, Becky, Chantel, Ashley and Ashlee all serve on Tempo’s advisory cmte.