Rainy Day Style Guide
EDITOR’s NOTE: This originally ran in January. Unfortunately, it’s still VERY timely. 🙁
By Devon Carey
Rain, rain go away! There is nothing worse than picking out a cute outfit for the day, walking out the front door and getting soaked by rain puddles and the downpour outside. I have a few tips that will keep you warm and dry – even when Mother Nature tries to rain on your fashion parade…
- Target has some adorable and affordable rain boots that will keep your toes dry and looking good! I love the Nova Plaid Rain Boots in Charcoal—a steal at only $24.99. (LINK)
- Top your outfit off with a rain coat by Mossimo (for only $49.99 you can get two different colors!). (LINK)
- Nordstrom carries the Hunter “Original Tall” rain boots in a variety of colors—my favorite is bright and beautiful silver. (LINK) The best part of these rain boots is they’re comfortable. You can wear them for as long as you want and not have to worry about having sore feet the next day.
- You will look uber cute wearing a RainForest Ruched Front Travel Coat from Nordstrom. (LINK) The ruching makes the coat feminine without being too girly and is quite versatile—it can be worn over your suit for work or you can wear it over a cocktail dress on your way out on the town.
- Top off your look with some accessories that will make you smile even on day 8 of a 10-day rainstorm. Old Navy has cute umbrellas in a variety of colors and is a deal at $9.50. (LINK)
- Keep your head warm and your hairdo from getting ruined with a fedora by Tarnish available at Nordstrom for only $18.90! (LINK) Or, don’t even worry about doing your hair and throw the hat on before you leave the house.
Always remember that just because the weather outside is frightful, your outfit doesn’t have to be.