Spring Forward into the Latest Fashions
By Devon Carey Berrier
Recently a friend, who just became a full-time attorney, asked me how to add some spring “pizzazz” to her otherwise drab work wardrobe. This is a common concern: how do you appropriately add color and fun into a work wardrobe and still be taken seriously. Here are a few work-appropriate options that will make you feel anything but boring…
Their Spring Collection is full of floral embellishments and bright colors.
Take a look at some of my favorites:
- The Sunshine Peony Skirt: Such fun colors, and the perfect length.
- Complete the look with a colored cardigan and neutral wedges. The Featherweight Cotton Cardigan is beautiful in this Guava color and is a great addition to your weekend-wear, too (looks great with jeans!).
- Wedges are HUGE for Spring and Summer this year. The great thing about wedges is they add height, but are still comfortable. I used to think that wedges were inappropriate for the office, but these Cleo wedges are perfect and will look great with the Sunshine Peony Skirt.
Sometimes the easiest way to add some “spring” to your step is simply to throw on a festive dress that is appropriate for work.
- This beautiful Eliza J dress is the perfect floral print for everyone. The style is flattering to every body type, with just enough structure to accentuate your curves without showing too much. The color is PERFECT for Spring and Summer.
- I absolutely adore this Kate Spade “Tutti Frutti-Calista” Shirtdress. The polka dots and bright colors are youthful, while the silk-cotton fabric and gold buttons give it an adult edge.
- TREND ALERT: Break up your all-black wardrobe with this amazing safari inspired shirtdress by Lauren by Ralph Lauren. This dress is great because the neutral color can be paired with brightly colored accessories. Add some colored heels or a bright necklace to spice it up a bit. Try these Nine West “Diamante” heels in pink.
The Cherry on Top
The simplest way to add some spice to your wardrobe is to add colorful accessories. These are a few of my favorites:
These Ann Taylor Peep Toe Kitten Heel Pumps are perfect for the office, and the color is complimentary to every ensemble.
I am in love with this season’s turquoise bags. This Marc by Marc Jacobs one is beautiful.
If you want to save some money and still get the look, check out this Forever 21 option.
This Linea Pelle skinny belt is the perfect accessory to add to any boring black skirt to make it more interesting.
It makes adding a splash of color really easy!
It is sometimes hard to incorporate the fun and the trendy into traditional work clothes. Don’t be afraid to add color to your everyday work outfits. It will make you feel more excited about what you are wearing and it will make getting dressed every morning a little more fun.